NBC fun and games

Loading...
Now that ABC has scheduled their game shows, NBC announces fall debut dates for Weakest Link and Ellen's Game of Games.

A faux tweet referred to an October launch for Jane Lynch's Weakest Link rewind. That was a BuzzerBlog rumor, but it was off a little. The reboot actually premieres Monday, September 28. The show will probably get some initial sampling, but the glow wore off fast in its first U.S. run. We'll see if Jane can find more success. At least nowadays you can get by with a lot smaller audience on a broadcast network than back in 2001.

Ellen's Game of Games returns Tuesday October 6. I've said it before and I'll say it again: I could not care less about the rumpus over Ellen's management style. She tossed three producers under the bus to appease the cancel crowd, and it will be interesting to see if her show can rebound in the ratings. The numbers have softened over time but are still kind of acceptable. It's the era of shrunken broadcast networks, folks. I can still remember when the old broadcast triopoly lorded over the world.

Dearie me, I'm getting old myself.
Loading...

Related posts:

No responses yet for "NBC fun and games"

Post a Comment

Loading...